SMALL BIZ RESOURCES
SMALL BIZ RESOURCES
OTR and Pendleton business community, please see the following updates and information. Please note that while these updates contain a handful of relevant information and education, these communications do not cover every opportunity and/or resources available, so we encourage you to also stay independently informed.
Last Update: 6/20/22
OTR Chamber Updates:
- OTR Chamber Membership: Invest in your businesses and the OTR community. Join or renew now !
- Submit Specials for 4th of July: Submit here , specials are due by Monday, June 27th
- Submit Specials for Black Tech Week: Submit here , specials are due by Friday, July 1st
- 4/20/2022: Metro, CB Connector and other greater Cincinnati transit agencies will no longer require customers to wear facial coverings following the Transportation Security Administration's decision to stop enforcing the federal mask mandate. - The White House launched COVID.gov , a website meant to be a one-stop shop for everything from free high quality masks to antiviral pills.
- The CDC is updating its recommendations to allow certain immunocompromised individuals and people over the age of 50 who received an initial booster dose at least 4 months ago to be eligible for another mRNA booster to increase their protection against severe disease from COVID-19
- The Stay Safe Ohio Information is available on Ohio's Coronavirus (COVID-19) website .
- In-depth COVID-19 data for Ohio: coronavirus.ohio.gov .
- Vaccine information: coronavirus.ohio.gov/vaccine
- OTR Maps: Help consumers find your (and your neighbors') business! For an updated digital version, please use this link . Where can you easily pick a stack or two? Please see the three locations below:
US Bank OTR Branch: 1116 Main Street. M - F, 9:30am - 4:00pm.
1215 Wine Bar and Coffee Lab: 1215 Vine Street. M-Th, 7:30a-9p, Fri, 7:30a-11p, Sat, 8a-11p
Findlay Market Market Center: 1801 Race Street. T-F, 9am - 6pm, Sat, 8am - 6pm, Sun, 10am - 4pm
Educational Resources / Trainings:
- OTR Chamber MKTG Labs: July 19th, SAVE THE DATE! More information to come soon!
- City Council Bootcamp : Action Tank is recruiting for City Council Bootcamp's next class! This is a free, arts-driven, civic engagement program designed to build policymaking skills for advocates and future legislators. We know that OTR Businesses very often engage with City Hall on issues that impact your business, and you or your employees might be interested in sharpening those skills. Applications are open from May 18 at 9 AM through June 29 at 5 PM. All Ohio and Kentucky residents 18 and older are eligible to apply. For any questions about Action Tank’s City Council Bootcamp program please refer to Action Tank’s website or email [email protected] .
- OTR 1-to-1: Ready to kickstart your marketing for 2022? OTR Chamber members can schedule a free call with expert Marketing Strategist, Tamia Stinson, for help with social media, email marketing, earned media, or marketing strategy & planning. Set up a one-to-one coaching call at https://otr1to1.youcanbook.me/ (not yet an OTR Member? Join us today! ).
- Small Business Grants: Where to Find Free Money . Check out this article from NerdWallet on a list of federal, state and private small-business grants and resources
- Main Street Ventures Leap Grant: Q3 Round opens July 1st. All information and eligibility can be found here. Leap Funding provides promising, revenue-generating businesses in the region with $10,000 - $30,000 of equity-free funding to scale their community impact and increase the odds of long-term survival. - Lincoln & Gilbert Small Business Relief Grants: Lincoln & Gilbert initiative, which will provide $1 million in grants this year with the aim of helping minority-owned companies expand. More information at https://www.lincolnandgilbert.com/
- Verizon Small Business Digital Ready Grants : In partnership with LISC, Verizon has committed over $1M in small business grants for 2022 and opportunities to apply will be available throughout the year. To unlock the application for the current round of grant funding, register on Verizon Small Business Digital Ready, complete two courses or live coaching events, and apply by June 30, 2022.
- OTR Chamber members: Complete this form if you would like to get a spotlight on our Instagram! Visibility and promotion through our IG and Facebook is one of the perks to being a part of the OTR Chamber family. You can join us here! * Subscribe to Our Newsletter HERE!