The Over-the-Rhine Chamber of Commerce is proud to support small business owners with business retention support. We seek to maintain strong, sustainable businesses and increase employment opportunities, while animating the streets and sidewalks of OTR.
Our Goals Include
Making referrals to resources and information that will strengthen business operations
Providing contacts to lending organizations
Inspiring collaborative relationships between businesses, residents and strategic partners
Providing information on available commercial (retail and office) space in OTR
Connecting businesses with trained employees
Business First Grant
EXTENDED! Applications accepted through December 7th, 2018.
- Deepen the success of minority-owned business in OTR.
- Support business capital improvement in strategic locations that promote walkability and safety by offering valued services to residents and workers.
- Attract businesses which will inspire originality and pride, hire locally, and invest in the Business First Grant mission.
- Provide an environment for individuals, entrepreneurs, investors and businesses to thrive.
- Attract local and regional tourism, while also complementing the local neighborhood and its residents.
- Provide an experience unique to Over-the-Rhine and create an atmosphere which encourages shopping and supporting local businesses.
The ultimate goal of the initiative is to connect more minority-owned businesses with brick and mortar spaces in the neighborhood of OTR. Data shows that the percentage of African American-owned businesses, in particular, lags far behind the percentage of the African American residents in the City of Cincinnati. As part of the initiative, the organizations involved are committed to filling the majority of their commercial spaces with African American-owned businesses moving forward. While this change will take months or years to be fully realized, the organizations involved are committed to seeing this effort through.
Sign up for the email list to learn about more opportunities.
Invest in OTR Businesses
LEARN ABOUT PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES.