JOB TITLE: Executive Director, Over-the-Rhine Chamber of Commerce
REPORTS TO: Over-the-Rhine Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
About the OTR Chamber: The mission of the Over-the-Rhine (OTR) Chamber of Commerce is to be the driving force for creating a strong economy in Cincinnati’s OTR neighborhood, while also promoting inclusivity, embracing diversity, and celebrating originality. The OTR Chamber is a 501c6 organization. The OTR Chamber also assumes management responsibilities for its partnering 501c3 organization, the OTR Revitalization Corporation, which was created to tap into available grants and fiscal gifts. The organizations work hand in hand to bring resources, events, commerce, and awareness to the 360-acre neighborhood. We accomplish this through comprehensive marketing and promotion, signature events, business support programs, safety and beautification initiatives, and advocacy. See attached document for more information about the organization.
Key Responsibilities: The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and manages the organization’s budget, strategic plan and staff which currently includes a part-time office manager who assists with a range of administrative functions. The Executive Director is responsible for the full range of activities described below and any other items as determined by the Board of Directors.
● Represent and advocate for the OTR Chamber organization and its small district.
● Drive the direction and execution of the OTR Chamber’s strategic plan.
● Position the organization for long-term growth and expansion of impact.
● Engage the Board of Directors and each committee in supporting the organization’s goals.
● Utilize and leverage each member’s talent and expertise.
● Create and manage the annual budget, with the help of the Board Treasurer, the Finance Committee, the office manager, and accounting support.
● Ensure financial transparency through regular reporting to the Board of Directors
● Identify and implement cost-effective ways to deliver impactful programs.
● Develop and implement a plan for the long-term financial health for the OTR Chamber.
Fundraising and Development:
● Set the annual and long-term funding vision for the organization, in alignment with sustainable organizational growth and community impact.
● Maintain and strengthen relationships with existing donors and funding partners. Seek out prospective donors, grant opportunities, and other avenues to provide new and consistent sources for funding.
● Identify ways to bring visibility to sponsors and utilize their talents to help our members and ensure their continued support.
Membership and Small Business Support:
● Continue to recruit new members and support existing members through attendance and an engaged presence at community-wide events and in other forums
● Create and execute consistent opportunities for members to connect, including a monthly member meeting and networking events.
● Serve as a resource to address member needs through referrals, the creation of educational and workshop opportunities, and the regular communication of key information.
● Establish strong personal contacts with community leaders, including local elected leaders, regional Chambers of Commerce, developers, incubators, and accelerators to support members.
Communications, Marketing and Events:
● In conjunction with the Marketing and Events Committee, develop goals and implement a calendar of events and initiatives, with a focus on garnering media attention, bringing visitors to the neighborhood and businesses, fostering strong community, increasing revenue and building donor loyalty.
● Collaborate with contract staff on the creation and execution of a social media calendar, and content that drives consumer traffic and supports active OTR Chamber members.
● Maintain and update the OTR Chamber website to reflect current initiatives, programs, and sponsors.
● Identify branding opportunities to increase organization and neighborhood recognition.
● Maintain relationships with media sources and create and pitch press releases which align with special events and initiatives. Serve as media spokesperson.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
● Identify ways to identify, attract and increase support for women, minority, LGBTQ+ and BIPOC-owned businesses, including collaboration with the Represent initiative and local developers
● Work with Office Manager on collecting and reporting data to support and track progress in meeting diversity, equity and inclusion goals.
Safe and Clean:
● Coordinate quarterly safety meetings with Cincinnati Police Department and facilitate solution-oriented sessions with residents and business owners.
● Maintain relationships with the Special Improvement District Board and 3CDC operations staff.
● Be an advocate and educator for safe and clean projects which support the OTR Chamber mission, and serve as a liaison for the merchants to have an opportunity to provide feedback and input.
Ideal Experience, Qualifications, and Attributes:
● Passion for and familiarity with the OTR neighborhood and OTR Chamber mission
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient in social media and Microsoft Office
● Experience in managing a budget, knowledge of QuickBooks Online preferred
● Excellent organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills
● Entrepreneurial drive to lead and set strategic direction and the ability to bring a sense of urgency, ownership, and follow-through work
● Demonstration of building strong community relationships across the public, nonprofit and private sectors, and the ability to effectively collaborate across these sectors
● Experience working with and engaging a Board of directors
● Demonstrated fundraising experience and ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
● Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed
● Play a critical role during a time of incredible revitalization
● Work with a diverse group of incredible and award-winning small business owners
● Leadership opportunity to grow an organization and the impact it provides
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: We share a mission to promote inclusivity, while embracing and celebrating the diversity of Over-the-Rhine. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Candidates don’t need to meet every qualification in the job description to apply. If you are strongly interested in the position and the experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.