The Cincinnati Center City Development Corporation (3CDC) is a 501(c)(3), tax-exempt, private, non-profit corporation. The organization’s mission and strategic focus is to strengthen the core assets of downtown by revitalizing and connecting the Central Business District and Over-the-Rhine (OTR). 3CDC works in close collaboration with the Cincinnati corporate community and City of Cincinnati to carry out its mission. With an annual operating budget of $20 million, the organization has a team of approximately 170 full-time staff and 180 part-time staff engaged in real estate development, real estate management, civic space management and programming and business district management.
- Real Estate Development - To date, 3CDC has played a direct role in nearly $1.7 billion in development projects in downtown Cincinnati and the adjacent neighborhood of Over-the-Rhine. In completing over 100 development projects, 3CDC has reimagined key civic spaces, added market-rate and affordable housing to the urban core and created density through mixed-use residential and office projects that support local small businesses.
- Real Estate Management - 3CDC leases and manages over 660,000 square feet of commercial space and over 5,100 parking spaces with annual operating revenues exceeding $32 million.
- Civic Space Management and Programming - 3CDC manages and programs six civic spaces – Fountain Square, Washington Park, Ziegler Park, Memorial Hall, Court Street Plaza and Imagination Alley. 3CDC hosts nearly 1,600 free family-friendly events each year at these spaces.
- Business District Management – The organization manages two special improvement districts – the Downtown Cincinnati Improvement District and Over-the-Rhine South Special Improvement District – providing clean and safe services, homeless outreach, beatification efforts and marketing support to both districts.
3CDC is under contract with the City of Cincinnati and Hamilton County to manage, program, and oversee daily operations at Fountain Square, Memorial Hall, Washington Park, Ziegler Park, Court Street Plaza and Imagination Alley. Between the 6 civic spaces, 3CDC internally produces over 1,400 events and hosts over 350 events for third party clients. These events are subsidized by corporate sponsorships as well as philanthropic gifts which currently total 2.3 million dollars annually.
The Sponsorship Coordinator is responsible for contributing a specific percentage of overall sponsorships and, advertising income to help fund our civic spaces and programming. The overall sales goals are set annually, and specific benchmarks are put in place throughout the year.
3CDC is looking for an assertive sales person with a passion for Cincinnati as well as events and marketing. An ideal candidate would have experience in sponsorship, fundraising, and marketing. This role requires excellent communication skills both oral and written. They will need to be able to manage their time between sales, fulfillment of contracts, and administrative work. They must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment. The Sponsorship Coordinator will focus on finding new business to fund the programming at Fountain Square, Washington Park, Memorial Hall, Ziegler Park, Court Street Plaza and Imagination Alley as well as maintaining and nurturing existing partnerships.
- Outbound Sales:
- Create strategy to recruit new business.
- Oversee fundraising efforts for individual donations to support community programming initiatives.
- Build creative marketing packages for sponsorships of over 1,400 annual events.
- Attend networking events on a regular basis to meet new potential clients.
- Actively sell each 3CDC programmed space as a rental destination.
- Manage trade deals with local entertainment venues to be used for client VIP treatment.
- Develop interdepartmental relationships within 3CDC to identify external sales opportunities with current partners.
- Meet quarterly sponsorship goals.
- Inbound Sales:
- Field inquiries from our websites about the LED board, activations, and sponsorship opportunities within 36 hours of receiving them
- Inside Sales Support:
- Collect and monitor proof of delivery for sponsors.
- Create recaps for sponsors when event has been executed with marketing deliverables.
- Update sales marketing materials, proposals, write contracts and monitor invoicing.
- Manage the execution of contracts.
- Assist the Director of Sponsorships and Community Initiatives in maintaining relationships with current sponsors.
- Collect and monitor marketing assets necessary to fulfill contract obligations for sponsors. (Example: logos, video content, signage artwork, etc.)
- Work closely with event and operation team members to ensure the sponsorship deliverables for each event are executed properly on-site to the highest standard. This will include attending various events to ensure client satisfaction, which take place after office hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Administrative Tasks:
- Enter and maintain sponsorship tracking and contact details in the Master Spreadsheet.
- Manage sponsorship team communications with sponsors and internal teammates to ensure event details and marketing assets are executed correctly.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Minimum of 2 years of directly related experience in event sales and marketing or sponsorship position with a public or private organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university. Marketing degree preferred.
- Must have a valid state-issued driver’s license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
- Willing to work various weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work well under stress.
- Experience working with peers in collaborative fashion.
Skills or specialized knowledge:
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and directly related experience in selling event sponsorship, traditional fundraising and/or advertising sales.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with demonstrated experience in making public presentations.
- Must be self-motivated individual, capable of working within a team as well as taking direction from leadership.
- Ability to negotiate with clients and achieve maximum revenue/profit potential by presenting all capabilities and service offerings.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Experienced in problem solving with ability to recognize issues and deal with them directly.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft OneNote, Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with the job. Furthermore, the employer reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Contact:Daniel Lancaster: [email protected]
1203 Walnut Street, 4th Floor
Cincinnati, OH 45202