Title:AV Production Supervisor
The Cincinnati Center City Development Corporation (3CDC) is a 501(c)(3), tax-exempt, private, non-profit corporation. The organization’s mission and strategic focus is to strengthen the core assets of downtown by revitalizing and connecting the Central Business District and Over-the-Rhine (OTR). 3CDC works in close collaboration with the Cincinnati corporate community and City of Cincinnati to carry out its mission. With an annual operating budget of $20 million, the organization has a team of approximately 170 full-time staff and 180 part-time staff engaged in real estate development, real estate management, civic space management and programming and business district management.
- Real Estate Development - To date, 3CDC has played a direct role in nearly $1.7 billion in development projects in downtown Cincinnati and the adjacent neighborhood of Over-the-Rhine. In completing over 100 development projects, 3CDC has reimagined key civic spaces, added market-rate and affordable housing to the urban core and created density through mixed-use residential and office projects that support local small businesses.
- Real Estate Management - 3CDC leases and manages over 660,000 square feet of commercial space and over 5,100 parking spaces with annual operating revenues exceeding $32 million.
- Civic Space Management and Programming - 3CDC manages and programs six civic spaces – Fountain Square, Washington Park, Ziegler Park, Memorial Hall, Court Street Plaza and Imagination Alley. 3CDC hosts nearly 1,600 free family-friendly events each year at these spaces.
- Business District Management – The organization manages two special improvement districts – the Downtown Cincinnati Improvement District and Over-the-Rhine South Special Improvement District – providing clean and safe services, homeless outreach, beatification efforts and marketing support to both districts.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the artist contract fulfillment and execution, and closer to event dates advancing for talent for all 3cdc sites.
Reporting to the Director of Events Logistics, the Production Supervisor will track thru to event dates, all contracts, rental, purchases, production staffing and contractor needs for upcoming events.
They will work with the Director of Events Logistics and Technical Asset Manager to support in the hiring, training and scheduling the hourly tech staff for the weekly needs of the sites and ensure that they have the proper paperwork and information to produce successful events. In addition, the Production Supervisor will work with the Director of Events Logistics to maintain the event production needs of the sites for the annual budgets and tracking expenses.
The Production Supervisor will work with other members of the Events and Operations teams to ensure that site staff are trained to provide and deliver 3CDC’s EPIC customer service standards.
- Supervise onsite technical staff at events
- Schedule and assign the production staff shifts
- Training production staff on all 3cdc production equipment and updated protocols
- Manage the advancement of all entertainment for all civic spaces
- Meet and work with clients, partners, and internal stakeholders to fulfill production needs for events
- Execute hospitality rider fulfillment
- Assist with the development and execution of onsite talent/artist protocols
- Assist with execution of safety protocols for use of civic space stages and production equipment
- Help maintain production equipment and inventory processes
- Assist with the LED Board production schedule
- Assist with scheduling third party contractors
- Serve as onsite production technician for civic spaces as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in theater or sound design, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a primary technician in an event venue.
- Experience leading teams of tech crew.
Licenses, Credentials, Certifications:
Skills and/or specialized knowledge:
- Aptitude in all areas of technical theatre, including lighting, sound (live mixing, mic’ing, stage plot fulfillment), projection / video, rigging.
- Aptitude with Yamaha, Midas and Digico consoles, Crestron systems, and / or ETC consoles a plus.
- Aptitude with Vectorworks or comparable CAD software a plus.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and function independently and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
Physical and Mental Demands:
- May be required to stand for 8-hour shifts while managing employees
- Must be willing to work in different indoor and outdoor conditions
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Personable, positive, and enthusiastic attitude with capability to deal effectively with people (both internal and external)
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Additional mental requirements
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with the job. Furthermore, the employer reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Contact:Daniel Lancaster: [email protected]
1203 Walnut Street, 4th Floor
Cincinnati, OH 45202