Began 1 week ago
Oct 10 - 14 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Dates & Times:
BLINK is one of the largest light, art and projection mapping events in the nation.
Returning October 10-13, 2019, this free four-day event takes place in downtown Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, spanning more than 30 city blocks and crossing the historic John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge over the Ohio River. BLINK will turn the region into an outdoor art museum with large-scale projection mapping installations, murals, and immersive art.
Food and beverages are available at the event. No tickets are required. Hours run from 7:00 - 11:00 pm each night. Official website here.
Thursday BLINK Parade: Thursday, Oct. 10, 7:30 PM
Featuring more than 3,000 participants and groups from across the city and beyond, the parade will step from the corner of 8th and Vine streets in downtown Cincinnati.The stunning and lighted floats, puppets, musicians, and performers will make their way down Vine Street, ending at West Freedom Way at The Banks. View map of parade route.
Parking for BLINK:
- View map of road closures here.
- Commuters and event visitors are encouraged to carpool and use public transportation due to anticipated traffic and limited parking within event zones. Metro will offer bus service from several designated Park & Ride locations throughout BLINK.
- Visit the OTR Chamber's Parking page to view available garages in Over-the-Rhine. You can also view an interactive map of OTR, including parking, here.
- On-street parking will be available throughout the zone. Commuters are advised to arrive Downtown before 7 pm because access to streets designated for closure will not be permitted after 7 pm. Those who are parked at meters, in garages or in surface lots located on closed streets will be allowed to exit after 7 pm but will not be permitted to re-enter.
- View event map here.
- Sidewalks will remain open throughout the festival area. Pedestrians may be directed to walk to the other side of a street to use an adjacent sidewalk in a few locations where equipment is set up.
- In addition, the Cincinnati Bell Connector will offer FREE and expanded passenger service starting at 4 pm throughout the four-day event. This is made possible thanks to support from the Carol Ann & Ralph V. Haile/US Bank Foundation. The streetcar is accessible with wheelchair ramps and level boarding at each of its 18 station stops located throughout the event route.
- The plan includes limiting access to several primary and side streets in the urban core starting at 7 p.m. during each night of BLINK. Motorists will be allowed to travel on several major north-south and east-west streets with police assistance during the evening portion of the event, which will run 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 10 and 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11 through Sunday, Oct. 13.
- Through traffic will be allowed with police assistance on several major streets while BLINK is under way from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. each of the four nights. Those include the following:
- Liberty Street
- Central Parkway
- Third Street
- Sixth Street
- Second Street
- Seventh Street
- Vine Street at 12th Street
- Please note: Although these roads will be open with police assistance, motorists should allow extra time because of expected delays at all crossings due to the large number of pedestrians who will be walking the route to see the event.
Road Closures During BLINK:
The following roads will be closed while BLINK is under way from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. each night. View map of closures here.
Over-the-Rhine: Findlay Market to Washington Park
- Elm Street: Central Parkway north to McMicken Street
- Race Street: McMicken Street south to Central Parkway
- Logan Street: Findlay Street south to Elder Street
- Pleasant Street: 14th Street north to Elder Street at Findlay Market
- Clay Street: Central Parkway north to 13th Street
- Findlay Street: Central Parkway to McMicken Street
- Elder Street: Central Parkway to Elm Street, and Race Street to Vine Street
- Green Street: Elm Street to Vine Street
- Wade, Odeon, Magnolia and Grant streets: Central Parkway to Elm
- 12th Street: Central Parkway to Main Street
- 14th and 15th: Central Parkway to Vine Street
Central Business District: Kroger Store to The Banks
- Walnut Street: 13th Street south through Central Parkway to Second Street
- Main Street: Mehring Way north through Central Parkway to 13th Street
- Court Street: Race Street to Main Street
- Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth and Ninth streets between Vine Street and Sycamore Street
- Roebling Bridge
BLINK Public Hospitality Areas:
There are several dedicated public hospitality areas throughout the BLINK venue that necessitate continuous street closures in the following locations. Access to the hospitality areas is open to the public.
OTR: Findlay Market and Cincinnati Art Academy Areas
- Logan Street: Findlay Street to Elder Street
- Jackson Street: Central Parkway to 13th Street
Central Business District
- Court Street: Vine Street to Walnut Street
- Freedom Way: Rosa Parks Street to Joe Nuxhall Way
- Marian Spencer Way: Second Street to Ted Berry Way at Roebling Bridge
For Businesses: BLINK Celebration Kits
We invite area retailers, businesses, and event champions to join us in celebration as a 2019 BLINK® Community Light. As a Community Light, with the use of these Celebration Kits, you help guide the way for visitors as they explore the more than 30+ city blocks and surrounding neighborhoods of BLINK, add to the weekend's bright spirit, and provide important support for the city's largest-scale free community event.
Included in this will be:
- 12 inch BLINK® Window Cling
- 24 inch BLINK® Window Cling
- BLINK® Official Poster
- BLINK® Community Light Location Decal
- BLINK® Community Light Digital Graphic (for use on social media pages, website, etc.)
- Listing on blinkcincinnati.com Sponsor Page as a "2019 Community Light".
Celebration Kits will be available starting September 23rd, 2019. Order your kit here.
- Kits will not be mailed
- Kits will be available for pick-up at the Cincinnati USA Chamber Office located at 3 E 4th St, Cincinnati, OH 45202. September 23rd – October 7th between 8:30am-4:30pm.
- For questions? Contact Megyn Norbut at [email protected]